W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Kellogg College was founded with financial assistance from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
The Foundation was created in June 1930 by the businessman Will Keith Kellogg, who donated more than $66 million in Kellogg Company stock and other investments to the W.K. Kellogg Trust ($1.2 billion in 2015 dollars). As with other endowments, the yearly income from this trust funds the foundation.
Under the leadership of Dr Russell Mawby, the Foundation became a supporter of lifelong learning in various parts of the world, and it had supported adult education in Oxford since the 1960s. In the 1980s a grant made possible the refurbishment of Rewley House, and thereby made it possible to build a base for a new society of Oxford, which was later to become Kellogg College.
Without that generous support from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation the College would not easily have been able to establish itself.