Kellogg College Library Photographic Competition23 January 2017
As part of improvements to the Library to be implemented in July 2017, the College is running a competition to create a number of photographs to be hung in the hall and stairway.
All members of the College are eligible to apply – students, staff, fellows of all kinds, common room members, research members, alumni and anyone else with a formal College affiliation.
To create six black-and-white A2-size landscape format photographs, two reflecting (in ways which may be creative) each of the following themes, which relate to subject areas in which the Library has particular strengths:
- The built environment in England (which may include buildings and architecture of any kind, town planning, interiors, designed landscapes)
- IT and artificial intelligence
- The performative arts
- Entrants may enter individual images or a pair relating to a theme, up to a total of three images per person.
- The creator of any winning entry will retain the copyright in the image, subject to a limited licence permitting the College to use it for specified purposes.
- In the first instance, entries should be submitted as a medium-size jpeg file (2-5MB). Please rename your file in the following format: name_surname_title.jpeg. Any winning entries will be requested as larger files at a later date so please ensure that the photo is taken at a high resolution setting. (In technical terms, the final high quality image will need to be at least 1500 pixels in width at 300 dpi.)
- Entries should be submitted to the Fellow Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday 19 May 2017.
- The College will arrange and pay for final printing and framing.
- The judges will be the Fellow Librarian, the Finance Bursar, the Academic Officer of the MCR, Dr Cathy Oakes (Official Fellow) and Emma Anderson (student). They shall not be bound to accept any entry, and their decision will be final.
Any enquiries may be addressed to the Fellow Librarian at the email address above.