Living in College Accommodation

If you would like to discuss areas of your accommodation further, including our facilities/provisions, the licence agreement, domestic arrangements, cleaning or any other related issues, please contact the Accommodation Officer, Charlotte Orton, via

Please also refer to the Domestic Arrangements for College Accommodation booklet (pdf) or our Frequently asked questions document (pdf), for more information relating to all of the areas noted below.

Accommodation Licence to Occupy

Students living in College accommodation are required to sign an Accommodation Acceptance form; this will be sent to you by the Accommodation Officer.  Prior to signing that agreement, you will need to have read the Accommodation Licence to Occupy, a copy of which can be downloaded by clicking here

What will I need to bring with me?

Students must provide their own crockery, cutlery, cooking, and household items. Students may wish to purchase these items on their arrival in Oxford. Bedding and linen are not provided by the College, although for those students residing in College accommodation we do offer students an opportunity to purchase a bedding pack through the College, which includes a single duvet, pillow, white duvet cover, white pillowcase, white fitted sheet, and mattress protector.  More information is circulated prior to arrival.

Paying Rent

Please only make a payment following receipt of a rental invoice.

Rent is to be paid monthly, using the following payment methods:

– The online store (preferred method of payment)

– The telephone, using your card

– In person, in the Finance Office, using your card

– The bank, by BACS or by cheque, payable to Kellogg College

– All methods of payment will require you to quote the INVOICE NUMBER as the reference.

Please contact the Finance Office if you have any queries on,


Cleaning of communal areas (kitchens, common rooms, and hallways) is provided at all sites. Basic cleaning of bedrooms is only provided in College-owned accommodation. Residents are expected to keep bedrooms and communal areas clean and tidy. Cleaning of the bedrooms is not provided in University-owned accommodation.


Rooms in College and University owned accommodation have access to a communal kitchen and are offered on a self-catering basis. Kitchen facilities in College and University owned accommodation are likely to be located on a floor which is separate to your College room. We suggest that students purchase crockery, pans, and utensils based upon actual need after arrival.

Residents are not permitted to bring their own kitchen appliances into College. The College Dining Hall serves lunch and dinner on weekdays.

The College Hub Café offers sandwiches, pastries, salads, panini, great coffee and brunch at weekends. The Hub Café is cashless and vending machines, which offer a variety of snacks and hot drinks 24 hours a day, accept coins.

IT and WiFi

All accommodation is connected to the University’s IT network and College-owned accommodation makes use of the University’s Wi-Fi provision. For all IT and Wifi issues please contact the IT Officer via


Parking is only permitted for residents who have hold a blue badge parking permit.

Access to Accommodation

Kellogg College is committed to making arrangements to enable any student with a disability to participate as fully as possible in student life. Students with disabilities or specific needs are encouraged to notify the College as soon as possible, so that we can make every effort to make adjustments to accommodate your needs.

The nature of our old buildings inevitably makes access difficult to some areas, but some major spaces in the College, such as the Dining Hall, MCR Common Room, Library and Circulation Space, are now accessible by wheelchair and we have adapted a fully equipped student flat on site to be accessible.

If you would like to discuss your particular needs that are academic- related please contact the Academic Administrator, Sarah O’Brien, via

Alternatively, please contact the Accommodation Officer, Charlotte Orton, via for accommodation enquiries.


If you have any maintenance issues, relating to the fabric of the building such as walls, doors, lighting, windows, plumbing, or heating, please email Jason King, Facilities Manager, on or submit a Domestic Services and Maintenance Request Form.

House Officers

A House Officer has been appointed in each property in College accommodation for the tenancy period. All residents are informed of the name of their House Officer in Michaelmas term. If you wish to request any further details, please send an email to

Termly Room Inspection

Each student room in College accommodation will be inspected once during the academic year. Student rooms are selected on a random basis, and you will be notified at least 7 days in advance prior to access being required. It is not mandatory to be present in the room during the inspection.

Health and Safety

If you are staying in College accommodation, please view the following videos. The first covers important information about living in College accommodation such as what to do if you’re locked out, while the second relates to fire safety.


accommodation logo

Kellogg College subscribes to The Universities UK Code of Practice for the Management of Student Housing this is available for here.