College Advisers

All students are assigned a College Adviser. Your College Adviser can provide personal support for you, or simply be a friendly form of contact while studying in Oxford.

Your College Adviser should not be confused with your University Academic Supervisor who is from your department and responsible for your academic progress. Kellogg College Advisers are usually Fellows and other post-Doctoral members of College who will not be your Academic Supervisor but who in most cases will either have some related subject knowledge or at least be able to offer an insight into getting the most out of your course. You can expect your College Adviser to make contact with you during your first term and you are strongly encouraged to follow up opportunities to meet with your College Adviser as necessary throughout the year.

College Advisers will view copies of your termly academic supervision reports via the Graduate Supervision System (GSS) and may contact you if concerns have been indicated in these reports. The Senior Tutor in consultation with the Academic Office will review GSS reports on a termly basis, particularly any that have been flagged for concern by a student or a supervisor. It is particularly important that you consult your College Adviser if you are experiencing any difficulty with your University Academic Supervisor or for matters that you would prefer not to discuss with your Department in the first instance.

If, for any reason, you are unable to contact your College Adviser, then you should feel free to contact the Senior Tutor. You are also welcome to consult other Academic Officers and members of College as necessary.