General Freshers’ enquiries

How do I open a bank account?

For international students who wish to open a bank account we recommend that you read the University guide here (updated annually) which contains practical information about opening a bank account in the UK.

You can use your Enrolment Certificate which confirms your student status to open a bank account and you can print your certificate from Student Self Service once registration has been completed. You will need to have your Enrolment Certificate stamped by the Academic Office in order for it to be accepted by a bank.

Am I entitled to an exemption from Council Tax?

Full time students living in Oxford are exempt from paying council tax. Once your University registration is complete you will be able to download and print your Enrolment Certificate from Student Self Service to show as proof for exemption. Enrolment Certificates must be stamped by the Academic Office. Please note that if you are living with non-students then your Council tax bill may be reduced. Further information on Council Tax can be found here.

What about the EU referendum result?

For the most up to date news, statements and policy announcements from the University about the result of the EU referendum please visit this page.

If you are a current EU student or an EU student intending to apply for entry in the academic year 2017/18, or holding an offer for deferred entry in 2017/18

Further information about fees, funding and immigration status can be found here.

Kellogg College is an international and egalitarian College and it goes without saying that our values of friendship and inclusion remain unchanged.