Arriving in Oxford

Finding Us

If you are arriving from the airport (Gatwick or Heathrow) or London there are direct buses to Oxford that will drop you off at the bus station (Gloucester Green), which is approximately a 20 minute walk to Kellogg; timetables and fare information can be found on the airline page of the Oxford Bus Company website.

If you are arriving by train, Oxford train station is approximately a 30 minute walk to Kellogg. You can check train timetables and book tickets via National Rail Enquiries. A number of local buses pick up and drop off at the station, timetables can be found on the Oxford Bus Company website. You can also get a Taxi from the train station, fares will vary.

Oxford Parkway train station opened in 2015 (adjacent to Water Eaton Park & Ride) and is served with regular bus services to central Oxford that will drop you near to College.

Arriving by car

Students may not park any vehicle on College property, at any time.

If you are a Blue Badge holder, please contact our Facilities Manager at to discuss your needs.

Long and Short Term parking is available at five Park & Ride sites located around the outskirts of the city. Further information on locations, bus timetables and fares can be found here.  From Water Eaton (next to Oxford Parkway Rail Station) or Pear Tree you can catch buses into Oxford that will drop you near to College.

Alternatively, pay and display on-street parking is located in the roads surrounding College (Norham Gardens, Bradmore Road, Crick Road, Fyfield Road, Norham Road), though this is limited to a maximum of two hours.  Further details on parking charges and hours of operation can be found on the Oxfordshire County Council website.

When do I need to arrive in Oxford?

Your Department/Faculty will have given you information about when you will need to be in Oxford to start your studies. Most programmes run compulsory induction events in the first week and it is important that you are in Oxford in time to take part in these. Many pre-sessional courses (e.g. English courses at the University Language Centre) and Freshers’ activities take place outside of official term dates. Michaelmas Term (MT18) starts on 7th October 2018. Dates of Full Term are available here.

When can I move in to my accommodation?

Please check your tenancy agreement for the start and end dates of your accommodation contract. Tenancies for those living in College-owned accommodation commence on 17 September 2018 and run to 31 July 2019.

Does the College have any compulsory Freshers’ events and activities?

There are no compulsory Freshers’ events run by the College however, you will receive an invitation to attend an Induction and Coming Up dinner or lunch and you are strongly advised to attend as you will find out valuable information about College life and Oxford – and have the opportunity to meet other students. This year the Induction dinners are on Friday 28 September and Monday 1 October and the Induction lunch is on Friday 12 October so look out for booking details.

The College runs a series of welcome events for new students which are a great way to meet new people and find out more about the College and life in Oxford. ‘Welcome Weeks’ 2018 runs from 17th September to 7th October and most events are open to new and returning students unless stated otherwise. You will be sent a timetable of Welcome Weeks events during the summer before MT18.

We hope you are able to come along and enjoy many of these events.

There is a ‘Welcome Drinks’ event each term for all students, particularly those starting their studies in Hilary or Trinity Term.

Please note: while there are no compulsory Freshers’ events this does NOT include the Matriculation Ceremony. Further information can be found here.

When do I get my University IT system log on credentials?

Your log on credentials are known as Single Sign-On (SSO)

The Oxford University Single Sign-On (SSO) is used to access many web-based services at Oxford.

New students will be sent their SSO credentials once they have completed and returned the University Card Form to Examination Schools. The University Card Form will be issued to you by Department /Faculty. It takes a minimum of 3 days from receiving the Card Form for the credentials to be set up and once this has happened you should receive an email.

If you are already a student or staff member at the University then you will need to contact our IT Officer in order to receive your SSO credentials. Please contact

When can I collect my University Card?

You can collect your University Card from the Academic Office at College once your University registration has been completed.

See here for further information on completing registration.

University Cards may be collected from 3rd September 2018 and the Academic Office is open on weekdays from 09:00-12:45 and 13:45-17:00.

Students studying at Oxford on a Tier 4 visa will need to present their passport and biometric residence permit to the Academic Office to be scanned. We will not be able to issue you with your University Card until this step is completed. Further information on your obligations as a Tier 4 Student visa holder can be found here.

How do I open a bank account?

For international students who wish to open a bank account we recommend that you read the University guide here (updated annually) which contains practical information about opening a bank account in the UK.

You can use your Enrolment Certificate which confirms your student status to open a bank account and you can print your certificate from Student Self Service once registration has been completed. You will need to have your Enrolment Certificate stamped by the Academic Office in order for it to be accepted by a bank.

Am I entitled to an exemption from Council Tax?

Full time students living in Oxford are exempt from paying council tax. Once your University registration is complete you will be able to download and print your Enrolment Certificate from Student Self Service to show as proof for exemption. Enrolment Certificates must be stamped by the Academic Office. Please note that if you are living with non-students then your Council tax bill may be reduced. Further information on Council Tax can be found here.

Are there any scholarships for on course students?

There aren’t usually any scholarships available for on course students. We do have some prizes, grants and awards available for current students; the Academic Administrator sends a termly email which highlights funding opportunities and support available through College.