Fees and Funding


A guide to what it will cost to study at Oxford, including information on: fee status, the maximum fee liability and expected completion times for your programme, and living costs is available on the University’s Fees and Funding website.

In addition to any condition(s) set by the department or faculty, an offer made by this College is also conditional upon completing a Financial Declaration process.

The course fees paid by matriculated students are for the provision of tuition, supervision, academic services and facilities by the University (including your department or faculty) and the colleges, but do not include residential or other living costs.

Up to and including the academic year 2018/19, separate figures have been published on the university website for university fees and for college fees: the total payable is the sum of these two figures. From the academic year 2019/20, course fees for matriculated students are published as a single figure. This change is intended to ensure that the total level of fees payable is in all cases completely clear. Home/EU PGCE students can access a tuition fee loan from the UK government to cover their course fee in full.

For graduate courses, course fees are payable each year for the duration of your fee liability.

Fees will usually increase annually. For details, please see the University’s guidance on likely increases to fees and charges.

College Fees 2018-2019

The college fee for graduate students studying in 2018/19 is £3,112.

Part-time students will typically pay the College fee over 2 years – one payment per year.

This fee is a contribution towards the cost of academic facilities and other services that are provided by the College, but does not include accommodation or meals.

Please note that the College fees for the following courses are not charged at the standard graduate rate:

  • MBA (£3,150)

PGCE students classified as Home/EU for fees purposes do not usually pay a College fee.

Invoices for University and College Fees 2018-2019

We hope to provide an invoice to all students by the start of your first term. If you have not received your invoice by then or have other questions about your invoice, please email financials@kellogg.ox.ac.uk

For some programmes, fees are collected by the Department/Faculty. This is most commonly the case for students on part-time modular programmes, fees for which are structured differently because of the flexible nature of studies.

Typically, you will be expected to pay your fees to the Department/Faculty rather than the College if they dealt with the Financial Declaration during the admissions process.

Department/Faculties collecting fees will have their own arrangements for this including payment methods and deadlines and questions regarding payment should be directed to the Department/Faculty.

Continuation Charges

Students who have reached the end of their standard period of fee liability, but are still registered on course, may be required to pay a termly University and/or a college continuation charge. The University continuation charge per term in 2018/19 is £468, irrespective of fee status. For part-time students, the termly charge will be half of the termly rate payable by full-time students.

Click for further information on the University continuation charge.

College applies a Continuation charge of £117 per term, irrespective of fee status. For part time students, the termly charge will be half of the termly rate payable by full time students.

Continuation charges are subject to annual review.

Financial Support

The College offers Research Support Grants of between £250 and £500 to all students. There is also a Kellogg College Travel grant available for DPhil and MPhil students. To find out more please see the College’s WebLearn site.

This link provides full details of University Fees, College Fees and Living expenses.

For those seeking additional financial assistance to support graduate study at Oxford please see Funding Information for Prospective Graduates and Kellogg College Scholarships and Awards.

If your financial circumstances change, you may be eligible for Hardship support. Please see your termly Financial Support email from the Academic Office or Student Handbook for more information.