Workshop: Mastering the Essentials of Grounded Theory
DateSaturday 5 June 2021
Time09:00 - 18:00
LocationKellogg College, Oxford OX2 6PN
Cost£95 (inc materials, lunch, and refreshments)
The Centre for the Study of Lifelong Language Learning is offering this prime opportunity to improve your qualitative research skills.
Professor Gregory Hadley, Visiting Fellow at Kellogg College, and author of Grounded Theory in Applied Linguistics Research: A Practical Guide (Routledge, 2017), will facilitate this one-day workshop. The session is ideal for graduate students, supervisors, and researchers new to qualitative research methods, and will equip you with greater confidence and understanding when using this methodology.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Grasp the principles for effectively using the Grounded Theory Methodology in your thesis or research project
- Get a handle on your qualitative data through open, focused, and theoretical coding techniques
- Understand how to craft your findings as short papers, presentations, full papers, and books
- Receive strategies for defending your work against hostile thesis committees and conference attendees
- Learn how to assess the quality of your research as well as other grounded theory projects
- A Certificate of Completion will be provided
Early registration is recommended as places are limited. After you have registered your interest, you will receive further information about payment and participation.
To register your interest please email the organiser.