The College Punt is moored at the Cherwell Boathouse on Bardwell Road, which is a short walk from Kellogg.
The punt is available to all College members for the season, which this year runs from 28 March to 4 October 2020.
The College does not charge for the use of the College Punt but a charge may be levied by the Cherwell Boathouse under their conditions of use, for example if equipment is lost or the punt is returned after 10pm.
Rowing boats or canoes may be supplied in place of punts on request, if available and at the discretion of the staff.
The punt must be booked in advance and students must take their University Card with them to Cherwell Boathouse, as College ID, on the day of their booking.
How to book
- Bookings must be made by College members.
- They can be made no more than 14 days in advance and no later than one hour before the commencement of a slot.
- You can book the punt in fixed slots of two hours between 10am and 10pm daily. No more than two consecutive slots (i.e. four hours) may be taken by a party.
- Make sure you time your trip so the punt is returned within your allotted time slot (remember to take the current into account). Late returns reduce the time booked by those that follow you.
- All bookings must be made through this WebLearn site. To sign into WebLearn you need to use your Single Sign-On username and password. If you are a member of College but do not have an Oxford username for Single Sign-On, please email a request for a punt sign-on to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click for a guide to how to make a booking (pdf).
- Alumni should email email@example.com – asking for a College Punt Account to be set up using the email address you supply. This account lets you access the booking system. Please note that you must print off a copy of the confirmation and take it with you as proof that you are entitled to use the punt, as they can’t let you take it without this. Please check your emails too in case of any changes or cancellations.
All queries about punting should be directed to Reception via firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)1865 612000