Skip Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Health, Wellbeing and Disability

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

You can find information that is regularly updated on the University’s website . If you are unwell please consult 111 or, call (do not visit) your doctor, or for emergencies only, call 999. Please also visit our FAQ page,  which is full of helpful information including how to look after your wellbeing during these unprecedented times. If you have questions about study support please contact the Academic Office

We want you to get the most out of your time studying at Oxford but recognise that, from time to time, you may need extra support – whether for health, disability, financial or personal reasons.

There are many sources of support and information from both the College and the wider University. There is excellent up-to-date, comprehensive Health and Welfare information provided by the University on its website including information about the Disability Advisory Service. If you have a disability or medical condition make contact with the Disability Advisory Service as early as possible, at so that you access study and exam support. The College’s Disability Co-ordinator is the Academic Administrator, Sarah O’Brien who is happy to offer advice, at The University’s website also provides details of the confidential, free, professional counselling service available to all students.

The Middle Common Room (MCR) has an Equality and Welfare rep and a Welfare sub-committee so you can find friendly help or participate in supporting your fellow students. There is also lots of free and confidential advice for students from the Oxford University Student Union (Oxford SU).

There are events and initiatives throughout the year to promote wellbeing and provide support. These include walks, yoga, tea and cake, and massage to relieve exam stress. Look out for the University’s Wellbeing Week in Trinity Term.

The Senior Tutor, Dr Yasmin Khan, is an Official Fellow of the College and Associate Professor of British History at the Department for Continuing Education. She is always happy to discuss your progress or matters that may be of concern to you.

Dr Khan can be contacted at, she also has an office upstairs in 62 Bradbury Road building, where her door is always open.

Kellogg’s College Advisors are usually Fellows or other postdoctoral members of College who, in most cases, will have knowledge relating to your broad subject area or at least be able to offer an insight into getting the most out of your course and Oxford more generally.

Your College Advisor will be able to:

  • provide pastoral support, including on any health, personal or coping issues, and / or direct you to appropriate persons for assistance;
  • monitor your progress by discussing with you your University supervision reports and being available for consultation either in person, via Skype, or by email;
  • discuss with you any problems or difficulties you may be experiencing in your department or faculty, and / or with your supervisor;
  • consult the Senior Tutor if there are concerns about your academic progress and if you appear to be experiencing difficulties with your academic work;
  • offer guidance on sources of support that are available within the College and the wider University.

The role of your College Advisor should not be confused with that of your departmental/faculty supervisor who is responsible for directing your academic progress. Your College Advisor is not responsible for directing your academic work or for giving detailed academic guidance or commenting on written work.

For more information on College Advisors, please visit our Student Handbook.

Each year we programme a series of events to help you find balance. For this year’s programme of events please visit this page.

Peer Supporters

Trained to listen effectively, communicate sensitively, maintain confidentiality, respect boundaries, and recognise when and how to refer to professional support services, your Peer Supporters are here to help whenever needed.

Meet your Peer Supporters

Contact your College Wellbeing Representatives

Kellogg has a host of representatives made up of staff members, Fellows and our student body, who are here to help you throughout your time in Oxford.

Accessing Health Services

Find out about the NHS and health services in the UK